Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's a Nice WEEK for a White Wedding ...

... or 2, or 3...

It's wedding season, there's no doubt about it! (No Doubt? But that's a Billy Idol song I'm quoting!). And as an aside/digression... RIP John Hughes, who passed away today. An icon of the 80s himself as director of all things great, wonderful and teen-angsty in the movie world, it was so sad to hear he is no longer here. I think everyone I know owns at LEAST 4 or 5 of his movies at home, on VHS, on DVD... and will watch reruns of them all on TV anytime they are on even if they own them! (I know I do) To pay my respects, I am going to see my good friends and their 80s cover band play tonight in Costa Mesa, CA. I told them they better cover Simple Minds' "Don't You... Forget About Me" as a tribute! Plus, they are truly an AMAZING band, please do me a favor and check them out: Flash Back Heart Attack; or, see samples of them live on YouTube. And YES, they do cover Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" and segueway into "Mony Mony" as well. They are the best time you will have revisiting your past while experiencing MUCH red leather, skinny ties and wigs and sunglasses!

So, speaking of White Wedding Season:
This weekend and following week will be a blast! I am assisting a good friend on a Mormon wedding up in LA (Santa Monica, CA) on Saturday, with reception in the evening in Fullerton, CA. Being that Fullerton is my old stomping grounds from my college days, it will be nice to hang out there again. (Well, not like I'm never there. I was actually just up there today too) Sunday I am ATTENDING a good friend's wedding at the historic Mission Inn, in Riverside, CA. This is a GORGEOUS venue, and was even lucky enough to shoot one of my first weddings there myself (as well as an engagement session). It will be fun to go as a guest, but I'm always looking around, looking for great places to shoot in the future. :-)

Next week I am shooting a small, intimate wedding on the beach in Laguna Beach, CA. This will be a simple and classic evening at sunset for a lovely couple I was referred to by another photographer friend in Arizona -- they are coming to CA and my friend asked if I would be able to shoot it for them. I met with them the last time I was in AZ a few weeks back and they are such a fun-loving, playful couple and seem incredibly down-to-earth. Next week will be a pleasure!

Then, at the beginning of September, I'm taking a day to drive up to Santa Barbara, CA to check out the venue and surrounding areas for a wedding I will be shooting there later in the month. So many great things to look forward to!

So, with that in mind and all the great things coming up... here is a closing thought, in honor of the late John Hughes:

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."
--Ferris Bueller's Day Off (one of my ALL TIME favorites, EVER!)

No comments:

Post a Comment