Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Everybody's Got Their Somethin'...

Today's post is WAY overdue ... I always write WAY too much, which is usually my deterrent from starting a new story. So, let me use tonight's post as an exercise in brevity (hahaha! Oh, how I love to tell myself these tall tales). As y'all know, I like to use song titles, and this particular title is in homage to Nikka Costa, whose funky-fun groovin' sounds makes me think of a modern-day Janis Joplin. And true to the title, the slideshow I am posting below is from Rachelle and Brian's wedding (in Santa Barbara on Saturday, September 26th, 2009), who definitely have their own Somethin' that makes them So unique and So much fun. (alliteration alert!) I love that they took their Somethin and branded their wedding with their signature way of doing things!

First of all, they wanted a really good party. Instead of champagne, they had tequila toasts (yep, custom shot glasses and Patron at every table! I like 'em already!). They wanted to have their wedding outside, and so Godric Grove in Elings Park was the destination, with an amazing outdoor amphitheatre for the ceremony, and then just over the hill was a fabulous wooden deck at the top of the park, with round Japanese-style paper lanterns everywhere that lit up as dusk disappeared ... and dinner was a Mexican buffet... and who doesn't like Mexican food?! Seriously! The cake was hands-down: The. Best. Ever. It was red velvet cake with cream-cheese frosting. And yes... in embracing part of Rachelle's Jewish heritage, they also celebrated to Hava Nagila with the Hora, soon to be followed by Brian doing a knee-slide across the dance floor ... and better yet, he then entertained his guests with air guitar and ended up crowd-surfing across his adoring fans (aka, the guests!). Oh yeah, and there was an impromptu conga-line too. Great music really helped round out the vibe of the evening and kept virtually everyone up on their feet all night dancing! These are my kinds o' people!

See what I mean? Everybody's got their Somethin'... and I love the Somethin' they gots to give!

One last thing that I love about Rachelle and Brian is how they even have their own PERSONAL signature style... Rachelle is constantly hopping up on Brian's back and getting piggyback rides... and that's when they come alive in photos! It's so THEM. So, of course, I had to get some pictures of Rachelle in her wedding dress up on Brian's back, and they look so adorable & deliciously happy together -- all growed-up and fancy-like, yet they have a child-like enthusiasm that is wonderfully infectious too.

The slideshow below showcases the highlights that tell the Somethin' Story of their day. Rachelle and her bridesmaids got ready in a gorgeous suite at the Fess Parker Santa Barbara Hotel (love love love!), and then I met up with Brian and his groomsmen at Shoreline Park... they looked like rockstars admist a perfect blue sky with glittering water. After that, it was back to Fess Parker for the bridesmaids' portraits with the gorgeous Rachelle, and then we moseyed over to Elings. I simply couldn't have asked for cooler, more fun people who I am now also so honored to be able to call friends, too.

Pictures to follow soon... Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy the show!
(and once again, music credit for the original instrumental to my friend Danny Hamilton. Thanks, Danny!)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen!! You really captured their spirit and fun in the slideshow! Congrats on your success!

    Deidra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job Karen!! All the images are beautiful! My Brother in Law was married there!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAAAARRRRREEEEENNNNN! This is so fantastic! you are just world's best...person, photographer, friend...this is just amazing. It totally showcases your dedication to your weddings and how you connect with your couple and their event and how you capture the feelings and moments of the entire day so that they can carry it with them forever... I feel like I know them and like I was there! (Or wish I were, it's like: the year's best party!) Ohmygosh. Accolades.All.For. YOU!

    ReplyDelete